Are you looking for race cars for sale? Why not considering to buy Corvette C6 Z06? This car was on sale for the first time in 2005. The series of C6 kept developing until 2013. Though the C6 Z06 has been around in the market for years, you can still find out that this series is a track-capable beast. The vehicle provides users with incredible power at a relatively affordable price. If you are a big fan of Corvette, don’t skip this series from your radar. So, are you ready to find a C6 Z06 race car for sale? Here is a buyer’s guide to narrow down your choice.
C6 Corvette’s Overview
C6 is the sixth generation of Corvette. The series was considered to be the follow-up version of the fifth generation of Corvette that had gained success in the market since it was introduced the first time in 1997. However, you can be sure that the C6 is not a re-imaging or re-design of the previous version on Corvette for all purposes and intents. It can be said that the C6 is an evolution of the earlier model. You can find everything that has helped the C5 platform to gain success in the market in the C6 series. Additionally, the entire design of the C6 model is more improved if compared to the previous version of Corvette. The major invisible change you can find is the absence of “flaws” in the C6 model.
Tips to Buy C6 Z06
With all the improvements offered by the C6 Z06, buying this race car can be a valuable investment. If you are looking for C6’s supercharged Corvette for sale, here are several things that you should put into consideration.
- Bodywork and Interior. Bodywork is the first thing you have to learn when choosing C6 Z06. You need to know that repairs on the bodywork can be expensive since it is bonded to the chassis. Make sure that you look for the signs of the irregular bonding adhesive that usually shows the points of crash repair. Meanwhile, the strong smell of petrol near the fuel filler usually shows the signs that the plastic tank sender has broken. You also need to make sure that the key fobs function well.
- Tires and Brakes. The next thing you have to put into consideration when choosing a C6 Z06 race car for sale is the tires and brakes. You need to know that this series of Corvette often using up tires fast at 15-20 thousand miles per set. High-performance tires usually require a very high price. In this way, most of the time, the sellers will ask for added cost for the tires’ replacement. For the braking system of the C6, make sure that you check both the brakes and rotors to find any signs of aging. This is also very important for you to try and determine how much material remains on the pad surfaces of the brake. If the car you are going to buy uses ceramic brakes, make sure that you also check the rotors of the brake for scarring or pitting.
- Engine and Transmission. When looking for a Corvette drag race car for sale, you also need to consider the engine and transmission. A rumbling sound that you find on the rear part of the car can be a sign that several bolts have worked loose. This will also be very crucial to ensure that the battery in good condition. Most of the time, the cam chain tensioner on the LS3 engine of the C6 is considered to be the weak spot of this series. So, it will be very helpful if you can make a budget plan for an upgrade. Most of the time, you will be required to pay for $130 to get the upgrade version for the cam chain tensioner.
- Drive It. How can you determine that a car fits for you without driving it first? So, after checking all the parts of the C6 Z06, make sure that you conduct a test drive. This is one of the most crucial parts of every car buying process. It will provide you with a full assessment of the car condition. Make sure that you turn off the radio and avoid any conversation until complete the test drive. This will help you to find if there is any rumbling, rattle, or squeak coming out from the engine.
- Dealer Inspection. If you can’t find a C6 Z06 car race for sale on your own, you can consider visiting local Chevy dealers. They will provide you with a complete used car check on the C6 car that you are considering to purchase. The Chevy technicians will conduct a complete diagnostic to help you find out any issue in the car. In this way, you will be able to get valuable insight into the car’s condition from the experts.